Believe it or not, but people are really making money on the Internet: Anywhere from a few hundred dollars a month to millions of dollars a month. I personally know people, like John Reese, who have had millions dollar launches in ONE Day! I bought an Internet business package from David Wilkinson called “Affiliate Defined” because I read that he makes a lot of money online as an affiliate (selling other people’s products). Well, after I read that eBook it turned out that David, also known as Child X, was a British kid who was only 13 years old! David started blogging at the age of 12. His age does not diminish the quality of his work, his interviews or his results. I also attended a teleseminar organized by internet marketing veteran Shawn Casey and listbuilding prodigy Tellman Knudson where the two of them netted ONE MILLION DOLLARS IN ONE DAY! It is not easy but there are people doing it. So if you want to get started doing business online, I have outlined the process for you in 15 simple steps. They are as follow:
1. The quickest and easiest way to make money online is by becoming an affiliate of companies like Ebay, Amazon, Clickbank, Commission Junction, Linkshare, etc… However, there you are limited to 10 to 60% of whatever you sell to others. To make some serious money, you need to have your own website, your own list, and your own product where you keep 100% of the money. Here you are not only in total control but will also have many other opportunities opened for you as we will see below.
2. Research your market using magazines and publications in your field, Google, Clickbank, Ebay, Amazon, Wordtracker, SRDS Catalogs, D&B (Dun & Bradstreet) Business Information, Etc…
3. Find a niche–A niche with a high demand not necessarily one where you think there will be a high demand. The Hottest niches now are:
(a) Health and Wellness (diet industry);
(b) Home and Finance (many people trying to better their lives);
(c) Self-Improvement (or success related products);
(d) Relationships (dating)–Eben Pagan, one of the most prominent Internet Marketing Gurus, has excelled in this niche–making over 20 million dollars in ONE year! Eben is the one who coined the phrase “moving the free line” that has become such a widespread business model among the online entrepreneurs.
(e) Internet Marketing: Especially information marketing: This niche is my favorite because it has 1. low start up cost, 2. low overheads, 3. high mark-ups (A 300 to 400% profit margin is not unusual) 4. You can sell the product before even you create it, and 5. you can sell the same product, digital or not, over and over again-endlessly!
4. Build a website using a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) software or have someone build it for you. You can have it hosted for as little as $5.00 a month. This could be either a regular website or a blog or both. It is usually recommended to have both because they will be mutually beneficial in getting you some eyeballs (visitors).
5. Put on it affiliate products from Amazon, Ebay, Google adsense, etc… or better yet put your own products with RSS/Data feeds. There are many pluggins and software that can allow you to do just that. You do not have to be an expert to create your own product. As far as product creation is concerned, you can create intangible ones like an audio MP3 file, a teleseminar, or create a physical product such as a book, a CD, or a DVD. You can also do interviews with the experts, either local, national, or international ones. You could use a simple tape recorder or use the professional services of Hotconference.com. Then you can transcribe them or have them transcribed by a transcription service. You then turn those transcriptions into PDF reports or ebooks. The quickest way to have your own products is to go with PLR (Private Label Rights), MRR (Master Resell Rights), and Licensed Products that you can turn into your own after you have bought them.
6. Use any way you can think of to drive a boatload of traffic to your website.
7. There are several ways to get traffic both free and paid ones. The quickest way to drive traffic to your site is through Google’s Pay Per Click (PPC). There are many other secondary Search Engines ranging from MSN to Yahoo that you should also use.
8. Learn other ways, both free and paid, of driving traffic to your site. E.g. Podcasting your business, writing and distributing Press Releases, blogging, word of mouth advertising or asking for referrals, You-Tube videos of your products or services, directory listings, and buying leads, banners, pops ups and pop unders etc.